Author: Michael Berton & Charlotte Anthony | Category: Around Campus | June 24, 2016
After the very successful launch of the Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium last year, the recruitment committee of the Integrated Biomedical Science program will host the second annual event on Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.in the Holly Auditorium.
In addition to hosting the summer students on campus, this year we will be adding a new “Open House” component where local and area faculty advisors and student researchers will be invited to participate in the event.
As with last year, we will need your help in communicating with the students on campus for the summer particularly since many do not have UTHSCSA domain emails. To this end, we need your help as soon as possible since the time is short.
1. Please send the contact information for the director of your undergraduate program and a list of your undergraduate students and their email addresses to Yvonne Valdez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mike Berton (email@example.com).
2. Ask your summer students to complete the google form (http://goo.gl/forms/JD4QZMkmtl9KSNKh2) as soon as possible so that we capture their contact information including email addresses and develop a good estimate of participants.
Here is a draft of this year’s agenda; we plan on sending out a detailed final schedule for the day soon.
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance in getting the word out. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you and your students at this year’s symposium!
Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium
Wednesday, July 27th, 2016
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Meet Program Representatives from:
- Intergrated Biomedical Sciences
- Biology of Aging
- Cancer Biology
- Cell Biology, Genetics and Molecular Medicine
- Infection, inflammation & Immunology
- Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry
- Physiology & Pharmacology
9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Welcome and Introductions (Holly Foyer)
9:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Open House/ Discipline Fair (Holly Foyer)
10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Lab Tours
12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Lunch
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Poster Sessions (Holly Foyer)
1:30: Session 1 (Undergrads)
2:15: Session 2 (Graduate Students)
3:00 p.m. (Holly Foyer)
Copyright © 2017 The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Links provided from the UTHSCSA pages to other websites do not constitute or imply an endorsement of those sites, their content, or products and services associated with those sites.