Author: Joe Michael Feist | Category: Around Campus | August 30, 2016
The annual State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC), the opportunity to help make lives better, will begin Sept. 1 and run through Oct. 7. The Health Science Center goal this year is $410,000.
The SECC, the state’s version of the United Way, allows employees to provide financial support to dozens of charities of our choice that assist and empowers those who are struggling during a difficult time in their life. Other agencies support animal causes, the arts, in areas of communications, global assistance and more.
Our State Employee Charitable Campaign is in full swing and we’re off to a great start. In fact, we’re pleased to say that we have raised $301,856 or approximately 74 percent of our goal of $410,000.
Make your donation to the SECC and you will be automatically entered into a drawing to win one of the following:
- $25 - $100 donation - $50 gift card to Myron’s Prime Steakhouse
- $101 - $250 donation – Fire Tablet
- $251 - $499 donation - $200 H-E-B Gift Card
- $500 donation or more – Dell Inspiron 13
Trouble donating online?
Here are a few tips for logging into the online giving system:
- When you log in to make your online donation, make sure you keep CAPS LOCK on.
- Always include UTHSCSA as the first part of your password, followed by your birth MMDD.
- (Your birth month and day must be 4 digits, please add a zero where necessary.)
- Click on the LOGIN bar below the password. (Only pressing ‘enter’ will not work.)
- View this online tutorial or call your SECC coordinator if you need more assistance.
- Remember, online payroll deduction is the easiest way to give because a small amount each month increases your donation and can put you in a higher incentive category.
If you haven’t already done so, please take a few minutes to watch this video and learn how your Circle of Giving gift can make lives better. Thank you for your participation in this important endeavor!
SECC: Your gift really can make lives better from UT Health Science Center on Vimeo.
This article was originally published here.
Copyright © 2019 The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Links provided from the UTHSCSA pages to other websites do not constitute or imply an endorsement of those sites, their content, or products and services associated with those sites.