Author: GSBS | Category: Opportunities | February 14, 2017
Applications are being accepted for the Fifth Annual Emory University STEM Research and Career Symposium on Oct. 1-3 at Emory University.
Students will be able to present their research, attend career development workshops, and learn about career and training opportunities at Emory University. Application and registration are free.
Key points about the symposium are as follows:
- Full travel scholarships available for students from underrepresented groups.
- Last year 60 percent of student attendees received full travel awards and another 10 percent received partial travel awards.
- Application deadline May 1st, 2017
- Students undergoing their first research experience this summer may apply to a second deadline of August 1st.
- Open to undergraduates, graduate students, and their mentors.
- Student research presentations, career development workshops and social events.
Full information, including the schedule form and a brochure for the 2017 Sysmposium, are on the website (http://www.gs.emory.edu/STEM).
Due to the success of the previous symposia and the restricted number of attendees, competition for acceptance is expected to be spirited. Only abstracts that report outcomes/results will be competitive. Up to ten students will be selected from the submitted abstracts to present a platform talk, and their advisors will also receive a travel award if necessary. All remaining student participants will be expected to present a poster on their research.
Mentors who write letters of reference for their students will be notified by e-mail whether or not the application was successful. At that time mentors will also receive information about how to register to attend with their students if they wish to do so. If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Copyright © 2017 The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Links provided from the UTHSCSA pages to other websites do not constitute or imply an endorsement of those sites, their content, or products and services associated with those sites.